For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Bite Education Limited of Unit 36, 88-90 Hatton Garden, London, EC1N 8PG ("We"/"Our"/"Us").
1. What information do We collect about you?
2. How will We use Your Information?
3. Cookies and IP addresses
4. Will We share Your Information with third parties?
5. Will We transfer your information overseas?
6. How do We protect Your Information?
7. What else can you do to protect yourself?
8. Access to Your information, correction and unsubscribing
10. How to contact Us
We may collect and process the following data about You:
information that you provide by registering with the Biteslide Website, subscribing to Our Services, posting material or requesting further services, such as your name, email address, date of birth and certain demographic details (such as gender and geographic location). We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Biteslide, and when you report a problem with Our site; details of your visits to the Biteslide Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for Our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access;
if you contact us, We may keep a record of that correspondence; and
we may also ask you to complete surveys that We use for research or feedback purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Please note that nowhere on the Biteslide Website do We knowingly collect contact information or financial information from children under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please obtain prior explicit permission to use the Biteslide Website from your parent, legal guardian, or teacher.
We will use Your Information in the following ways:
- to manage your Biteslide account so that you can benefit from the full range of interactive features of the Biteslide Website;
- to ensure that content from the Biteslide Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer by personalising your repeat visits;
- to notify you about changes to the Biteslide Website and update you on any new services and benefits;
- to carry out Our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to provide service and support;
- to prevent and detect fraud or other malicious activity;
- to contact you by electronic means with information, products or services that you request from Us or which We feel may interest you, but only where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes; and
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information. This is statistical data about Our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is a text file stored on the hard drive of your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help Us to improve the Biteslide Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable Us:
- to estimate Our audience size and usage patterns;
- to store information about your preferences and visits to Biteslide (which may include your responses to content, advertisements and product offerings provided to you), and so allow Us to customise the Biteslide Website according to your individual interests;
- to speed up your searches; and
- to recognise you when you return to the Biteslide Website.
We may disclose Your personal information to third parties:
- if (as above) you have consented to Us sharing Your Information with carefully selected third parties whose products and services may interest you;
- if We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Biteslide or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its users will be one of the transferred assets; and
- if We are under a duty to disclose or share Your Information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply Our Terms of Service, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Biteslide, Our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
All Your Information is stored on Our secure servers. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do Our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Biteslide Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received Your Information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You'll see in Our Terms of Service that you must have permission to upload any content onto the Biteslide Website. If you wish to upload any photographs, videos or images of other individuals, you MUST ensure that you've obtained the consent of that individual for their image to be used in this way. Please do not upload any images of children (under 16) unless you have obtained the specific consent of a parent or legal guardian.
You have the right to request a copy of the information that We hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of the information We hold about you, please contact us.
We want to make sure that Your Information is accurate and up-to-date. You should update your personal details via your account from time to make sure it remains accurate. You can also ask Us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate by contacting us.
© Bite Education Limited 2014